The Big Bang "created" the universe, or so it is said to. Einstein realized that his equations said that the universe must be either expanding or contracting, but it could not be standing still, because if it were then gravity would attract all the galaxies towards one another . This started his theory.

Monday, April 5, 2010

Q: What major cultural, economic, and political situations were taking places at the time of your work?

Albert Einstein: World War I had a strong effect on me. While the rest of Germany supported the army, I felt the war was unnecessary, and disgusting. The new weapons of war, which attempted to mass slaughter people, caused me to devote much of my life toward creating peace. Toward the end of the war I joined a political party that worked to end the war and the government.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Albert Einstein was born in Germany. He was also Jewish. This made life hard for him around the 1940's. He had to do something before he was captured by the Nazis. So Albert escaped to America. His knowledge spread across the US once he arrived. Ha is known as the smartest man alive.